Sunday 1 December 2013

Merry Christmas!

Hi everyone,
                    Here we are on the 1st of December already and Christmas will be upon us before we know it. I don't know about you but I am nowhere near ready for it yet!  It's been manic in our town for the last couple of weeks and I dread doing the rest of the prezzie shopping! Still, it will all be worth it on the day. We are off to our daughter's for Christmas dinner this year then the whole clan are descending on us for Boxing day so it will be mayhem... but a nice mayhem.
My little grandson, Jack, who is three, is going to be the innkeeper at his nursery tomorrow in the nativity play so I've got my hankies all ready and of course it will be Layla Rose's first Christmas! She is almost seven months old now and has just discovered the joy of blowing bubbles. She's cut her first tooth and has also become very fond of white chocolate! I can't wait to see her with all her new toys on Christmas Day!
    On the writing front I'm delighted to say  that the hardback of A MOTHER'S SHAME  is now out and C & R have already designed the most beautiful cover for the paperback which will be out next year.
   I have now completed the next two books for 2014 and the first one to be released will be  THE SOLDIER'S DAUGHTER. I really loved writing it and hope you will all enjoy reading it. We are off to Cornwall in this one! That's the joy of being an author, I can go all over the world without even leaving my desk!!! For some reason I always seem to be happier writing in the winter, probably because I can't get out on the garden, although saying that I seem to be spending a lot of time at present raking leaves up!
I'm pleased to report all my Shihtzu's are well, although Tallulah is recovering from a nasty abscess on her neck and she's spent the last week pottering around the house in baby socks and a baby vest to stop her scratching it. Well on the mend now though I'm pleased to report. Our youngest one, Sassy is four today so she's shared a nice pork dinner with us and had a new cuddly toy.
I had hubby up in the loft first thing this morning getting all the Christmas decs down but all I've managed to do so far is decorate the big tree and the garland over the inglenook so no doubt I shall spend all day tomorrow transforming the place into Santa's grotto! I tell Trev I do it for the kids! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
And so we're almost at the end of another year. It seems to have flown by and I hope it's been a good one for all of you. It certainly has for me. I loved meeting some of you during my book tour earlier in the year and hope I shall get to meet some more of you next year. Please keep your messages coming, I love to hear what you think of the books and what you've all been up to. And do please all enter the competitions, C & R have some lovely prizes lined up!
And that's about brought you all up to speed on my gossip so all that remains for me for now is to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas, and a Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. I shall look forward to writing to you all again in the New Year,
Take care.
Lots of  love
Rosie xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment